If you are passionate about Grand Strategy, you might be a good fit for the expanding Quality Assurance team at Paradox Development Studio!
As a QA tester at PDS, you will help us deliver the best possible products by testing all our Grand Strategy titles in various stages of development. We work closely with the rest of the development teams for titles such as Europa Universalis, Hearts of Iron, Stellaris & Crusader Kings, testing every aspect of the games individually as well as making sure that the game is ready for milestone delivery.
- Testing games according to instructions
- Writing bug reports
- Providing input on game design, when requested.
- Experience with game/software Quality Assurance and/or a game development education
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Deep understanding of Paradox Development Studio games such as EuropaUniversalis, Crusader Kings and Hearts of Iron. (Since our games are very complex, we prefer if you can get into them right away)
- A passion for the strategy game genre
- Experience with bug reporting tools such as Mantis or Jira will be considered an advantage
On a personal level, our ideal candidate will be good at working with other people as well as independently as the role entails working with other QA as well as with stakeholders from other parts of the development team. Furthermore, the right candidate will have an analytic mindset and strong attention to details. Finally, we expect the successful candidate to be passionate about both testing, seeing themselves within the profession for a long time, as well as for the strategy game genre.
Scope: Fulltime and permanent
Reports to: QA Manager
Location: This position is based in Stockholm
If you think that this description matches your background, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously for this position. In your application, please show us why your previous experiences and skills would work for this role and why you are interested in working at Paradox. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
Since we strive for a more even gender distribution we highly encourage women to apply to this role.