Are you a creative and dedicated games industry professional with experience in content creation and writing? Or maybe a talented graduate with a passion for writing and making great games? Are you interested in Paradox Interactive and our brands and with a desire to help us bring them to the next level? Then you may be the one we’re looking for!
As a Content Designer at our development studio in Stockholm, you will be a project team member where you will be involved in designing, scripting, and writing engaging game content under the general guidance of the Game Director and Project Lead. You will have a direct and influential impact on the quality and feel of the game. Organizationally, you will report to the Content Design Manager and become a member of the Content Design department at Paradox Development Studio.
We appreciate applicants that are passionate about telling stories and creating fun experiences for the player. We are seeking new hires that enjoy working in a team where everyone supports each other but you are also given the freedom and responsibility to take charge of a task and deliver. We care about quality and are motivated by the idea of our many fans around the world praising your work after release. You will thrive in a modern, creative environment where people around you love their jobs and the games we make.
- Designing and implementing game content in cooperation with game design specifications with room for creative contributions
- Scripting triggers, events, and game logic using our in-house scripting language
- Writing text for in-game content in English that thematically fits within the game
- Engaging in research on related topics to find inspiration for crafting entertaining content that creates memorable gaming experiences
- Taking ownership of tasks and working independently to ensure quality and timely delivery in coordination with the other Content Designers
- Defining asset needs required for the game content as it is designed and communicating those effectively to the Project Lead, Artists, and Audio Department
- Designing details for game features as needed for implementation
- Resolving scripting and in-game text bugs and issues in the game files as they arise
- Proficient creative and design skills
- Fluent in speaking and writing American English
- Experience in code-based scripting and/or programming
- Open and clear communication skills
- Narrative design skills
- Able to cooperate in sharing and receiving feedback
- A positive influence on other team members with the passion to support each other
- Ability to work independently with assigned tasks and take responsibility for delivering quality content on time
- Content/Quest/Mission design and/or writing experience (film, RPGs, literary, student projects, etc)
- Familiarity with and/or interest in Paradox Development Studio's games and brands
- Games industry experience in a content design/quest design/writing role or similar will be considered an advantage
- Programming experience is a plus
- Experience creating mods for Paradox Development Studio games is a plus
We are open to applicants with all levels of game industry experience (Junior to Senior).
We would like your application to include any relevant work samples and/or a link to your portfolio if you have one. We are especially interested in writing samples and any other content that you have produced for games or other media.
Scope: Full time and permanent
Reports to: Content Design Manager
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
If you think that this description matches your background, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously for this position. In your application, please show us why your previous experiences and skills would work for this role and why you are interested in working at Paradox. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
Since we strive for a more even gender distribution we highly encourage women to apply for this role.
Paradox is a multi-cultural studio and we use English as our official language. Submit your Cover Letter, CV, and all included documents in English. Thank you.