We’re looking to expand our freelancer network to help with our increasing demands on trailers and video material. The perfect partner is a video editor who captures and edits their own PC gameplay videos. We need people that understand games, tone, feeling, and pacing. As trailers are an emotional AND informative medium, an understanding of feeling and tone is critical.
Must have skills:
- Video editing
- Experience capturing gameplay
- A sense for mood and timing
- A sense for shot composition and constructing compelling images
- A sense for what makes a video entertaining
- The ability to produce quick drafts for feedback
- A willingness to act on feedback and accurately reflect the product
The most important thing, by far, are your work examples. These can be anything from trailers made for other game companies, to your own Youtube videos. Let’s Plays and reviews with heavy editing are also great examples. What we want to see is that you can capture game material and edit it into something greater than the sum of its parts. If you’re an editor who hasn’t worked with games, you might still be a good fit if you’re willing to learn and already are player of PC Games.
The tools available for capturing gameplay vary a bit between games, so an ability to troubleshoot and poke around is invaluable. Experience with motion graphics or After Effects is also a plus.