Are you interested in Games, Human-Computer Interaction, and how to best combine the two? Then come join the User Research team at Paradox interactive, and help us make our games better!
Paradox Interactive's User Research team does user experience testing for all titles, both developed and published by Paradox. As a User Researcher, you will be responsible for setting up and conducting a variety of tests to measure usability and engagement factors, and relaying the results back to developers.
As you will be joining a relatively young team, you will also get to take an active role in developing our methodology, testing environment, and help us build the best User Research team possible.
- Conduct user research on a variety of Paradox games and products
- Apply a variety of methods – Playtests, Interviews, Heuristic Evaluations etc.
- Communicate test results to developers and other stakeholders at Paradox Interactive
- Develop our testing process
- Experience in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology or related fields (minimum Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience)
- Experience with a wide range of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- Experience with information design, usability design, game development or other interactive media related fields
- User centered design mindset
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills (English)
- Planning and management skills are considered an advantage
- Experience working with JIRA or other bug tracking software is considered an advantage
As a person you are structured, flexible and analytic. You are able to work with several projects simultaneously, and are able to deliver quality results on a tight schedule. You are passionate about good usability, user research and games, and are interested in how to best put that to use at Paradox in order to provide the best user centered testing possible. You put user centered design first, and can stand your ground, delivering results even when they may not be what the developers want to hear.
Scope: Full time and permanent
Reports to: The VP of Product Verification
If you think that this description matches your background, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously for this position. In your application, please show us why your previous experiences and skills would work for this role and why you are interested in working at Paradox. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.