Paradox Development Studio is now looking for a talented Senior 3D Artist to join our art team in Stockholm, working mainly on producing assets for our in-house titles.
We are looking for an artist with a broad skillset who could take on a variety of tasks. The successful candidate will primarily create 3D models such as vehicles, creatures, space structures etc, while working both with hard surface and organic models.
- Create high quality 3D art for released titles
- Take directions from Art Leads
- Communicate effectively and proactively with other team members
- At least 3+ years of experience working in the games industry
- Proficiency in zbrush and nDo or equivalent
- Strong familiarity with Maya and Photoshop
- Some proficiency in technical skills and scripting
- An interest and understanding of world culture and history
Experience in the following is a plus:
- Familiarity with Paradox grand-strategy games
- Good communication and pedagogical skills
- Animation & effects
- Technical art skills
- 2D art
The right candidate is passionate about our games and about maintaining historical accuracy, which is very central to many of our IP’s. At Paradox we take pride in providing opportunities for our artists to work on varying projects and titles, and to develop and learn new skills. Therefore we also actively look for people who are interested in expanding their talents. Ideal Paradox employees enjoy working in a fast paced open work environment, and has good communication and pedagogical skills.
Scope: Fulltime and permanent
Reports to: Art Director
Location: This position is based in Stockholm
Please provide a link to your portfolio to showcase your talents.
If you think that this description matches your background, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously for this position. In your application, please show us why your previous experiences and skills would work for this role and why you are interested in working at Paradox. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
Since we strive for a more even gender distribution we highly encourage women to apply to this role.