Paradox Development Studio is looking to hire a dedicated and passionate Engine Programmer (Platform Specialist) to join the tech team in Stockholm.
In this role, you will develop new and existing systems in the Clausewitz Engine that powers Paradox Development Studio’s world-class Grand Strategy Games such as Hearts of Iron IV and Stellaris. As a platform specialist you will also play a crucial role in bringing our titles to as many users as possible by developing support for different operating systems and distribution platforms.
- Design and develop new functionality in the Clausewitz Engine.
- Improve and optimise existing engine and low-level systems.
- Develop and maintain support for non-Windows platforms, such as macOS and Linux.
- Develop and maintain support for non-Steam distribution platforms, such as TGP.
- Promote and uphold a high-level of code quality in the Clausewitz Engine.
- Work closely with the game teams to provide engine-level development and support.
- Excellent understanding of C++, including low-level algorithms, C++11 and software architecture.
- Strong debugging skills and expertise of profiling / optimising systems and algorithms.
- Experience developing on Windows (Visual Studio) and macOS or Linux.
- Service oriented attitude with strong team-work and communication skills.
Experience in the following is a plus
- Strong debugging skills.
- Experience of working within the games industry.
- Experience using Git and CMake.
- Experience developing with game distribution platform APIs, such as the SteamAPI or GOG Galaxy.
- Experience developing for non-PC hardware, such as console or tablet.
The right candidate is passionate about our games and is a mid-level or senior programmer who is motivated to write efficient and high-quality code. You will be an important part of the PDS Tech team who work closely with our game teams to deliver robust, efficient and flexible systems that bring our Grand Strategy Games to our fans. At Paradox, we pride ourselves in providing opportunities to develop and learn new skills so we are looking for candidates who are interested in expanding their talents and working with new technologies.
Scope: Full-time and permanent
Reports To: PDS Tech Lead
If you think that this description matches your background, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously for this position. In your application, please show us why your previous experiences and skills would work for this role and why you are interested in working at Paradox. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.Since we strive for a more even gender distribution we highly encourage women to apply to this role.