Are you a seasoned developer that enjoy working in a variety of programming languages? Do you enjoy building visual experiences and optimizing response times? If you are a passionate gamer who would like to work on a successful computer game company, read on and learn how you can be part of the fun and talented DevOps team.
We are now looking for several developers to work with all online technologies that are used in Paradox games and surrounding platforms. You will be working with exciting technologies such as Node, Scala and Go. In this role you will make day to day key decisions and together with the rest of the team develop ground breaking features for both players and game developers.
You will be a key member in designing, building and directing the joint effort in bringing features and value to the gaming community. This also means that you will be working closely with different game developer studios and publishing staff in order to better understand how to build and integrate our services.
- Software Architecture
- Database Design
- Solution Scaling & Distribution
- Code Optimization
- Planning, Implementation, Documentation & Delivery
- 2+ years of professional experience
- Bachelor degree or comparable professional experience
- Comfortable with a range of programming languages and technologies. We would expect you to be able to grasp new tech quickly
- Experience with agile development
- Experience with designing web services for scalability and availability a big plus
- Proficient with code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience working on and administrating linux servers will be considered an advantage
Desired skills & technologies
- Web Development/Frontend (HTML, JS, CSS, Frameworks)
- RESTful APIs (Scala, Go, …) and databases (SQL as well as NoSQL)
- SDK: (C/C++ and C#)
- Cloud Infrastructure Experience (AWS)
- Security (e.g. OWASP)
- Application development including build and release management
- Network Technologies
Let us know which ones of these boxes you believe that you tick and which ones you are not yet proficient in.
We believe you are a driven and explorative individual, you don't have problems with making decisions and handling the responsibilities that comes with it. You are used to solving problems and working independently as well as in a group. Your role in a team is usually the one where you identify viable solutions, direct the work effort and drive the project forward into completion.
Scope: Full time and permanent
Reports to: Senior Backend Developer
Location: This position is based in Stockholm
Please note: as Christmas holiday is upon us we will not be able to go through applications until beginning of January. Thanks for your understanding!
If you think that this description matches your background, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously for this position. In your application, please show us why your previous experiences and skills would work for this role and why you are interested in working at Paradox. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
Since we strive for a more even gender distribution we highly encourage women to apply to this role.