Do you want to be part of making the world’s greatest games with the world’s greatest publisher? Games like Europa Universalis 4, Cities: Skylines & Pillars of Eternity has passed through our grand halls before hitting the public. Now we need more people to help us shape the next generation of award winning strategy, management and role-playing games! Are you one of them?
Do you possess the ability to spread enthusiasm throughout a team while still being a strong and structured planner? Do you gladly take on the challenge of driving quality to the maximum while keeping true to the original vision? Paradox is looking for a senior producer that can take on the role of team lead for a pod of producers while still acting as an inspiration for how we work with and talk about quality in the production department.
You have a genuine understanding of the pitfalls and possibilities that this industry offers and you enjoy coaching more junior personnel in their endeavors to help our developers make the best games possible. Your experience makes you a rock in the sea of game publishing: someone that can help without judging, be descriptive instead of receptive and enthusiastic instead of cynic. Your turn problems into challenges (however cheesy that may sound)!
- Act as lead producer for projects while also mentoring and leading more junior team members.
- Quality targets, development budget and vision compliance of the projects: are we hitting our goals?
- Handle the communication with the developers on a daily basis.
- Represent the game internally in the brand team.
- Improve on current Paradox processes relevant for the production team.
- Minimum of 7 years in the video game industry working as a Producer.
- Console experience: familiarity with XBOX ONE and PS4 is a strong plus
- Excellent documentation skills: you create and maintain project documentation to keep traceability and accountability during projects
- Team lead experience: as senior producer you are expected to be able to handle several projects together with other producers that you oversee and support.
- Experience from producing management/simulation/strategy games is considered an advantage
As a person you are calm, pragmatic and structured. You have the ability to communicate efficiently with different audiences (developers, internal stakeholders, journalists) on a broad range of topics i.e. technical, business and creative. You are very good at organizing and prioritizing both your own and others work. Furthermore, you have the ability to work under a tight schedule while still delivering quality results. Finally, you are passionate about games in general and strategy, management and simulation related games in particular.
Scope: Full time and permanent
Reports to: The Production Manager
Location: This position is based in Stockholm.
If you think that this description matches your background, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously for this position. In your application, please show us why your previous experiences and skills would work for this role and why you are interested in working at Paradox. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
Since we strive for a more even gender distribution we highly encourage women to apply to this role.