Paradox Tinto is now looking for a talented Engine Programmer to join our programming team at our new studio in Barcelona. Do you want to be a part of shaping our new company and make great grand strategy games in Barcelona?
About the Role
In this role, you will develop new and existing systems in the Clausewitz Engine that powers Paradox Development Studio’s world-class Grand Strategy Games such as Europa Universalis IV, Imperator: Rome, Stellaris, and Crusader Kings III. As an engine developer you will also play a crucial role in bringing our titles to as many users as possible by developing support for different operating systems and distribution platforms.
- Coordinate, Design, and implement new functionality in the Clausewitz Engine
- Improve and optimize existing engine and low-level systems
- Development and maintenance for Windows, macOS, and Linux platforms
- Development and maintenance for multiple distribution platforms such as Steam, MS Store, GOG, and Paradox Store
- Experienced C++ Programmer
- Experience developing on Windows (Visual Studio) and macOS or Linux.
- Service-oriented attitude with strong teamwork and communication skills
- High level of spoken and written English
Experience in in the following areas is a plus
- Working within the games industry
- Working with gameplay programming
- Version control such as Git and SVN
- Build tools like CMake and Jenkins
- Graphics programming across multiple APIs
The right candidate is passionate about our games and works well together with others to help us deliver great games. At Paradox we take pride in providing opportunities to develop and learn new skills. Therefore we also actively look for people who are interested in expanding their talents. Ideal Paradox employees enjoy working in a fast paced open work environment, and have good communication, pedagogical skills and respect towards other team members.
Location: Sitges, Barcelona, Spain. Although remote working will be allowed until COVID-19 pandemic situation improves and is safe for all our employees. After that, we will ask employees to work at least 3 days from our office in Sitges.
Scope: Fulltime and permanent
Reports to: Head of Operations
Some of our benefits include: Flexible hours, 25 day holidays and game access, gym equipment, snacks & drinks, friday beers, sea views, dog friendly office, private health insurance
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. In your application, please show us why your previous experiences and skills would work for this role and why you are interested in working at Paradox. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.