Paradox Development Studio and the Crusader Kings 3 team are now looking to hire a Tech Lead to work in a dynamic, supportive, playful and exciting environment. For the person with the right skills and mindset we can offer a great opportunity to work with skilled colleagues, find challenges to grow and most importantly - have fun while you do it.
You will collaborate with other programmers, game designers, artists and QA, creating and expanding on our world-class Grand Strategy game Crusader Kings 3. The team is small and autonomous where each member has a big impact on the finished game. In other words, at Paradox, you will be part of a small team building a grand game.
This role comes with a lot of responsibility; you will be expected to lead the team towards a shared goal as well as being accountable for the technical delivery to get there. You will also be part of the project leadership team to make sure we constantly weight and balance technical efforts and approaches to project time and the game vision making sure we build a true Paradox game. To help you succeed and set you up for success you will also be given the support to grow, be challenged, make mistakes and spend time on personal development to become the best you can be.
- Accountable for the technical delivery
- Balance technical decisions in the project leadership team
- Lead the team towards a stable, performant game with a code quality that enables and empowers high programmer efficiency
- Drive continuous improvement of the development process and automation in an agile environment
- Break down and estimate features and flag high risks with plans for mitigation
- Lead the team towards becoming a high performing team
- Proven track record of leading development teams or larger technical initiatives to successful delivery whilst still reaching higher levels of performing teams
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience developing software in C++, at least two of those in the games industry
- Very strong skills and interest in software design/architecture and the C++ language
- You are comfortable in English, both written and spoken
We believe it is very important that you are able to take ownership of any area of the game and estimate your own time. In your career you have decided that leadership and technology is the path for you. We think you are good at cooperating with new groups of people but you must also be able to independently design/redesign major parts of the codebase. You are passionate about developing games and can easily adapt to new methods. As a person you are positive, dedicated, responsible, and love a challenge. An interest in strategy games and history, and in particular the Grand Strategy games from Paradox, will be considered a plus.
Paradox Development Studio
At Paradox Development Studio we enjoy working close to our products and our fans and our developers regularly interact with players through forums and events, such as PDXCon. We think it’s important to get to know our colleagues so we end each Friday with a social hour at 4pm where we embrace our nerdy culture by chatting over a beer or breaking out into meeting rooms with board games and old video game consoles. Paradox consists of employees from all around the globe and we’re happy to offer relocation support for people applying from outside of Sweden.
To find out more about Working at Paradox, please click here.
Scope: Fulltime and permanent
Reports to: Programmer Manager
Some of our benefits include:
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.