Paradox Tectonic Development Studio is looking to hire a dedicated and passionate Senior Console / Graphics Programmer to join the tech team in San Francisco / Bay Area.
In this role, you will work to develop and champion the graphical look of a brand new IP and help optimize performance on the various platforms (Windows, Mac, Xbox, Playstation). You will work closely with the Art Director to achieve the target look and with the game team to achieve an optimal framerate. Furthermore, you will also play a crucial role in bringing our titles to as many users as possible by developing support for different operating systems and distribution platforms.
- Help improve and refine the graphical look of the game utilizing Unity’s HDRP scriptable pipeline
- Improve and optimize existing engine and low-level systems for the target platforms
- Utilize profiling tools to find inefficiencies and optimization paths for art assets and rendering pipelines
- Develop and maintain support for all platforms.
- Promote and uphold a high-level of code quality
- Work closely with the game teams to provide engine-level optimization and support
- Excellent understanding of C#, C++, and Unity
- Experience with the latest real-time graphics techniques including customization of rendering pipelines, advanced visibility algorithms, lighting and shadowing techniques, and optimization for platform-specific hardware.
- Strong skills in mathematics: linear algebra, trigonometry
- Experience writing shaders in Unity
- Good at optimizing code and profiling on the various platforms
- Experience developing on Windows (Visual Studio), OSX, PS4, Xbox One
- Ability to communicate well and work closely with artists to develop tools and technology to enable them to generate beautiful looking visuals
- Must be legally able to work in the United States
Experience in the following is a plus
- Experience with Unity’s HDRP or similar scriptable render pipelines
- Experience with multithreading and concurrency
- Experience working within the games industry
- Experience developing for console
The right candidate is passionate about games and is a senior/lead programmer who is motivated to write efficient and high-quality code. You will be an important part of the Paradox Tectonic team who work closely with a small closely knit game team to deliver robust, efficient and flexible systems.
Scope: Full-time and permanent
Can be remote but expected to keep consistent work hours with a team situated in the Bay Area
Paradox Tectonic offers a flexible/remote work environment, as well as a competitive benefits package and bonus program.
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.