The Art Director’s (AD) primary responsibility is to drive innovation and strive for art quality in our sci-fi best-seller Stellaris, making sure the game is a continued success.
You’ll be managing and setting the direction for Stellaris across several teams and projects: it’s time to get aboard the spaceship!
As an AD, you will be keeping the vision for the art style as a whole: including User Interface, Illustrations, 3D environment & assets, Characters, VFX and Animation. You’ll be an advocate for art: pushing for striking visuals and aiming for the best player experience.
This will include close interaction with the Art Leads, as well as creating mockups and being a driving force for visual improvement in the game and in the Studio.
You will also work closely with the Game Director in order to align the artistic direction with the overall vision of the game, with the goal of enhancing player experience.
You will be coaching and inspiring the Art Leads in the development of new content: you will work closely with them to establish art styles for upcoming content and features, making sure you build and communicate the creative vision to the team.
You are overall responsible for the final look of the game and will work with Art Leads to ensure all assets are produced to the highest quality.
Embedded within the leadership team of the Studio, you will be a champion for art and identify and prioritize tools and technical support needed to deliver the art on our projects. You will actively work on identifying team needs, ensuring our artists’ development and participating in recruitment (either permanent or outsourcing).
- Collaborate with the Game Director in developing the vision for our upcoming content and features
- Create mockups, style guides and any other needed materials to develop and communicate your vision efficiently with the Art Leads & Artists team
- Follow-up on the production with the Art Leads, ensuring all is delivered according to the vision
- Provide feedback and guidance to our Art Leads and work with their development
- Decide what features and tools to pursue in collaboration with engine and tech artists
- Gather workflows and creative ideas from artists and discuss potential improvements
- Be involved with marketing and provide them with guidance and support when needed
- Stay up to date on industry art trends within our segment and help drive the future artistic vision of our content
Scope: Fulltime and permanent
Reports to: Studio Art Director
Location: This position is based in Stockholm
Is this you? We are eager to see your application!
Some of our benefits include:
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.