Paradox Tectonic is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our small, nimble team of highly experienced senior developers within a mostly flat organizational structure.
In this role, you will work to architect and develop a wide range of systems for a brand-new game IP for PC and console. You will become the point person for these systems, working with other senior engineers to define interfaces and responsibilities of major areas of the codebase. Furthermore, you will work with the Creative Director and project team to hone the design of gameplay features, connecting your technical expertise with the creative side of game development.
- Architect, implement, and iterate on major systems, taking them from early concept to shippable final release
- Collaborate closely with other engineers, designers, and artists to support and add new features to new and existing systems
- Be active in researching and proposing solutions for technical, design, and artistic features in order to provide the best user experience
- Create and iterate on complex tools and editors to support an intuitive, smooth workflow for the internal content creation team
- Work with creative teams to provide implementation of gameplay features
- Develop tools and UI to provide content to gameplay systems
- Promote and uphold a high-level of code quality
- Excellent understanding of C#, C++, and Unity
- Experience developing AAA quality games through the full development cycle
- Experience developing on PC and/or modern console systems
- Strong focus around understanding player experience, motivation and play patterns
- Practical knowledge of algorithm applications and implementations
- Strong skills in 3D mathematics
- Experience architecting large areas of a codebase
- Able to collect requirements and design a system without direction from a superior
- Good at optimizing and profiling code
- Strong debugging skills
- Ability to communicate well and work closely with other engineers, creative teams, and production.
- Must be legally able to work in the United States
Experience in the following is a plus
- You are passionate about unconventional or optimistic games targeted at diverse or female-leaning audiences.
- Experience providing robust tools and pipelines for design and art content data
- Understanding of solutions for modding and user-generated content in modern games
- Experience working with a UI solution (Unity or other) to reflect game state
Scope: Full-time and permanent
The Job title can be scaled based on the experience of the applicant to a Senior Role.
Can be remote but expected to keep consistent work hours with a team situated in the Bay Area.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.