Paradox Development Studio is now looking to hire a Senior Programmer to work in a dynamic, playful and exciting environment. For the person with the right skills and mindset we can offer a great opportunity to work with skilled colleagues and have real fun!
You will work on one of our Grand Strategy titles in a small, dedicated team, collaborating closely with game designers, artists, QA and our engine team. This role comes with a lot of responsibility; fellow programmers will look to you for help and advice, but you will also be able to greatly influence the technical design of the game.
- Technical design and implementation of new features
- Improving and optimizing existing code
- Guiding less experienced programmers towards creating quality software
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience developing software in C++, at least two of those in the games industry
- Very strong skills and interest in software design/architecture and the C++ language
- Experience leading and mentoring other programmers and ability to take on the role of Technical Lead if the need arises
- You are comfortable in English, both written and spoken
Good to have
- Experience developing on Linux and/or OSX/macOS
- Experience using CMake
- Experience using Git
We believe it is very important that you are able to take ownership of any area of the game and estimate your own time. We think you are good at cooperating with new groups of people but you must also be able to independently design/redesign major parts of the codebase. You are passionate about developing games and can easily adapt to new methods. As a person you are positive, dedicated, responsible, and love a challenge. An interest in strategy games and history, and in particular the Grand Strategy games from Paradox, will be considered a big plus.
Scope: Fulltime and permanent
Reports to: Project Lead
If you think that this description matches your background, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously for this position. In your application, please show us why your previous experiences and skills would work for this role and why you are interested in working at Paradox. We would also like you to complete our path-finding problem, which you can find by clicking here. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.Since we strive for a more even gender distribution we highly encourage women to apply to this role.