Are you a Programmer that has delivered great games within the classic management system genre? Do you have experience leading teams, delivering stable systems, setting best practises, and thrive on solving complex cross platform challenges? Have you always wanted to join Paradox Interactive to be a part of an ambitious, system focused team that wants take this genre to the next level?
Then maybe you are the one we’re looking for!
As Technical Lead (TL) you are an integral part of our core team with the ability to influence the long/short term technical strategy. You are a systems expert setting the technical framework, coding standard but can also prioritize challenges, code core game systems and features for further implementation (within this product category). The TL has a key role on our title collaborating closely with Project Lead (schedule, budgets, studio concerns) & Game Director (gameplay vision, GDD master) to offer sustainable solutions, deliver quality product(s) on time and above expectation.
The TL is also responsible for other programmers on the team to ensure that they have support, code reviews, goals, tasks and the high level technical vision is always delivered on quality; with personnel support from PL. You will also build the ‘living’ technical documentation(TDD); whether via delegation or self directed targets, TDD ownership belongs to the TL.
The TL is a master problem solver, comfortably discussing day to day tasks or core architecture but can easily interface with others from QA to the Engine Team. The TL has the ability to break things down into simple components but also master the bigger picture.
Technical Strategy, Software Design/Architecture
- Implementation, Bug Fixes/Test Automation
- Code Sustainability and Life Cycle
- Ownership & Management of the Technical Design Document (TDD)
- Set Code Standards, Post Mortems, Code Reviews, Retrospectives
- Champion technical stability in discussions with PL (time/budget) and GD (gameplay experience)" - the TL will have KPIs relating to stability measurements
- Planning, Improving and optimizing code across multiple platforms
- Bug Fixes/Test Automation to ensure quality
- Communication with all levels; QA, programmers, managers, engine team
- Leadership; set requirements/verify tasks assigned to other Programmers to ensure time/quality deliveries; supported by PL
- Knowledge sharing approach; guiding less experienced programmers towards creating quality software
- Collaborate with core team to set priorities, deadlines, targets, retrospectives
- Participate in agile process, meetings, giving and receiving feedback, and within other related studio areas
- 5 years professional experience developing software in C++ with minimum 3 years within the gaming industry
- Expertise in software design/architecture
- Experience leading/mentoring programmers; ability to take on Technical Lead role
- You have shipped at least one title while in a leading role
- Fluent in English; both written and spoken
- C#, Java, OSX, Windows, Linux, Unity, Xcode, Visual Studio, Perforce, Git, Jenkins, Graphical Scripting Tools
- Relevant educational qualifications
- Or perhaps experience developing for other platforms (ie: Amazon, Google Play, ITunes Connect)
- If you have shipped at least one title within the management system genre it will be considered a strong advantage
We believe it is very important that you can take technical ownership within any area of the game and estimate your own time.On a personal level, you are comfortable sharing knowledge, delegating and working cooperatively, but have ability to work independently on major parts of the codebase. You gain energy from seeing the people around you improve and the team succeed together. You take conflicts and challenges in your stride, when you see an issue you are comfortable seeking answers or, are not afraid to ask for assistance from your peers.
You are passionate about developing games, easily adapt to new methods and thrive in a fun, agile, creative and team oriented environment.
You will be a part of an exciting new business initiative at Paradox with the goal of continuously building classic products within the management games category.
If you have any public github projects, relevant already released product links or, a personal website/blog, we welcome its inclusion with your personal letter and CV
Scope: Fulltime and permanent
Reports to: Studio Manager
If you think that this description matches your background, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously for this position. In your application, please show us why your previous experiences and skills would work for this role and why you are interested in working at Paradox. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
Since we strive for a more even gender distribution we highly encourage women to apply to this role.