As part of the development of our successful games, Playrion is looking for a senior programmer to ensure the development and the optimization of our internal tools, as well as their implementation in our projects.
About the role
- In direct contact with the Technical Director, you will act as a point of reference in solving complex problems with a constant focus on quality, optimization and performance.
- Your analytical and critical mind, as well as your taste for architecture and tooling, will be essential assets in carrying out your mission.
- You will work on all aspects of our games: gameplay, UI, multiplayer, external plugins, etc.
- You'll be joining an extremely talented team of developers, with a friendly atmosphere in which you can fully express your talents as a developer, improve yourself and help others to progress.
- You've been a developer for more than 5 years, and have been involved in game development for at least 3 years, either professionally or through personal projects.
- You're curious, versatile and constantly on the lookout for ways to improve and optimize games as well as production processes.
- You are proactive, quickly understand team needs and know how to translate them into concrete, effective and realistic solutions.
- You have experience in tooling, creating packages and/or submodules.
- You are fluent in several programming languages, including C#.
- You are autonomous and able to write and maintain high-quality, readable code.
- You know how to look at your work critically, in order to identify which elements are good and which can be improved.
- You know how to take pride in your work, while putting your ego aside in order to make the best possible decisions for the project, in accordance with the company's code and architecture standards.
- You are a citizen of the European Union.
What will make you stand out:
- You're familiar with mobile development and want to take on the technical challenges that come with it.
- You are familiar with the ecosystem of mobile stores and mobile games.
- You know the Android / Java / Kotlin and iOS / Objective-C / Swift architectures.
- You have a good knowledge of Python / Bash environments and the world of scripting in general.
- Observable, Component and MVVM patterns are second nature to you.
- Odin holds no secrets for you.
- You are up to date on the latest Unity technologies, whether they are common (like Unity UI) or recent (Addressables, UIElements, Remote Config, Content Delivery, etc.).
- You know and master classic plugins used in mobile video games (Crashlytics, Analytics, Applovin, Facebook, etc.).
Born and based in Paris, Playrion has existed since 2010 and has ever since employed talented progressive individuals aiming to make our games the best possible experience for our players.
We pride ourselves on our two mobile strategy games, Airlines Manager and Airport Simulator: First Class. The first one has been live for years and counts a community of 10+ million individual players today. The second one was released recently and is already a huge success.
We work very hard on maintaining our company values and transferring them to our players: we are passionate, expressive and human and always centralize the needs of our community.
Becoming a part of the Paradox Interactive Group in 2020 made our company and projects visible on an even larger scale and offered the Paradox PC and console players an opportunity to dip into the mobile market with the same experience of challenging deep strategic games offering an endless experience.
Our offices are located in the south of Paris and we count 30+ employees working on different projects.
Type of contract: Permanent contract.
Location: Montrouge // Paris 14.
Availability: As soon as possible.
- Profit sharing
- Reimbursement of 50% of the transport cost
- Luncheon voucher
- Playzone, resting room…
PLEASE SEND THE FOLLOWING TO APPLY:
CV, short motivation letter, references, website (if applicable).